Open Source Diversity Advocacy
Our introductory workshops are on hold until we identify more funding. To sponsor EquitableTech activities, use red donate button at top of page.
Learn about Dr. Roca's open source diversity work:
- essay: Open Source Opportunities
- peer-reviewed article: Announcing EquitableTech
- NCWIT seminar: Open Source Diversity
California State University, Dominguez Hills
Sunday December 2, 2018
CSU-DH students! Come learn about Open Source Software (OSS) at our FREE 1-day workshop. Our new project, EquitableTech, is partnering with the Dominguez Hills Computer Science Department to produce this event. Workshop details will be emailed to those selected for the event after registration. Same day walk-ins welcome; but, there's no guarantee of food.
We thank our Sponsors.
Students, Why Participate?
- Lunch will be provided
- Tech companies now look for OSS skills
- Learn about open source software
- Overcome OSS "newcomer" concerns
- Learn about collaborative software projects, version control, & other skills/tools
- Learn about paid internships
- "GitHub is the new resume" -- OSS projects document your skills
- Network with tech professionals
- EquitableTech can help your job search
See photos from our 1st event at Texas Southern University.
Speakers & Facilitators
Alberto Roca, PhD, Host & Facilitator
Executive Director, DiverseScholar
Sponsors, Partners, & Acknowledgements
- Kapor Center for Social Impact
- California State University, Dominguez Hills: Computer Science Department
Originally published 29-Nov-2018