DiverseScholar is our non-profit organization that publishes the following:
- the online web portal MinorityPostdoc.org (advertising rate card)
- DiverseScholar original articles
- the Doctoral Directory job candidate database (access options below)
Our 501c3 organization is fiscally sponsored by Community Partners. Yearly institutional subscriptions include the benefit packages below at the annual rates quoted in blue. Payment options below. Email questions/orders to
Subscription Levels for 2016 - 2017
|Doctoral Directory online (# accounts)||1||1||1||5||10||Details|
|Doct. Dir. online full text search||—||—||—||Y||Y||Details|
|Doct. Dir. online CV PDFs||—||—||—||—||Y||Details|
|Doct. Dir. candidate emails||—||—||—||—||Y||Details|
|Targeted email messages (#)||—||—||—||5||10||Details|
|Doctoral Directory print CV book (#)||—||—||1||5||10||Details|
|Online full-page profile + #ads||—||(1mo)||1yr||[email protected]||[email protected]||Details|
|Online Skyscraper ad (months)||—||—||—||1||3||Details|
|Package Annual Rate||$250||$500||$1,000||$2,500||$5,000|
Doctoral Directory Online edition
Subscribers will have access to the password-protected online directory only for internal institutional recruiting use. Read summary demographics about the Doctoral Directory. Screenshots below are of the original version of the online Directory (updated figures forthcoming).
Usernames & Keyword Searches
Client institutions may share the one username account login information from the Bronze, Silver, and Gold subscriptions. However, the one username can not be used for multiple simultaneous use of the Directory. The Platinum and Diamond subscription levels provide more usernames for distribution throughout the client’s institution.
The Online Edition of the Directory has 3 record fields to allow subscribers to search by discipline:
- Field = selected from pre-defined general terms, e.g. Biology (reported in summary demographics)
- Specialization = free-form text provided by the candidate, e.g. Microbiology, Evolution, Bacterial Pathogenesis
- Institution Department = free-form text, e.g. Molecular and Cell Biology.
The other searcheable fields include:
Full text search, PDFs & Emails
At the Platinum subscription level, the full text of a candidate’s CV/resume may be searched. However, to download CV/resumes, a Diamond subscription is necessary. The latter will also include a database field of candidate’s email addresses. Note that online CV PDFs will be made available by late October since the Directory database software and data are currently being updated.
Visit our Postdoc Spotlight feature (left margin) to see examples of the Ph.D. talent in previous versions of the Directory:
|Michelle T. Juarez||Paulette A. McRae||Tepring Piquado|
|Mahadeo A. Sukhai||Marcelo D. Vinces||Jeremy B. Yoder|
Targeted Marketing Email Messages
Marketing email messages can be send on a client’s behalf to subsets of the Online Edition database. For this targeted email campaign, the client specifies the keywords used to segment the Doctoral Directory database by Field, Specialization, and/or Department. For security reasons, attachments in email campaigns are limited to 2-page PDF files. Of course, clients are free to create manually their own contact lists from the account addresses published in the candidate’s CVs/resumes. Communication about this service will be coordinated by the subscribing institution’s contact person. At the Diamond subscription level, client’s will have direct access to candidate’s email addresses.
Doctoral Directory Print edition with CVs/resumes
At the Gold level (or higher), subscribers will receive a print copy of the directory that includes candidates’s CVs/resumes. The directory is for internal institutional use only. Read summary demographic information about the Doctoral Directory.
Snapshots of the Print Edition show over 600 pages of CVs/resumes from the original version of the Doctoral Directory.
Subscription Institution Profile Page
The “Institution Profile” page describes your institution in general and lists links to multiple faculty/job openings on your institution’s Human Resources job board site. See this example.
The Institution Profile page remains published for the entire 12 month period of the subscription. Such a page can be updated occasionally throughout the year to refresh the links to the institution’s job board at the Editor’s discretion.
Separately, clients can purchase a la carte advertisements with rates dependent upon the number of months desired.
With each Institutional Subscription, the number and publication-length for full-page plain advertisements versus an Institution Profile are the following:
Differences between an Institution Profile page versus a la carte “plain” advertisements:
- We hand code the HTML for the online plain advertisement so please proof the document that you send. Because of time limitations at the quoted rates, only 1 round of minor editing is allowed after the client receives the link to the online plain ad. By contrast, for an Institution Profile page, it can be updated occasionally throughout the year to refresh the links to the institution’s job board at the Editor’s discretion.
- Only Institution Profiles are listed on the website Home page.
- Institution Profiles are listed in a top block of the Job Listings roster in bold and rotated throughout the year so that subscription clients can share the very first listing position. By contrast, plain ads are listed in a static chronological order according to when they are published. See past years to note how long a roster must be skimmed for readers to find ads.
- Links to Institution Profiles are included in every monthly email newsletter during the year of the subscription. By contrast, the newsletter includes links to plain ads only in the first month of their publication.
Email us at to indicate 1) your Subscription Level and 2) how to invoice your office. Payment can be received by check (for purchase orders) or credit card (processed using PayPal after you receive an email invoice).
We can not accept credit card numbers by phone, FAX, or email.
A PayPal account is not needed to pay with a credit card. After you visit the online invoice, use the link (below the login fields) that states “Pay with a debit or credit card…” that allows you to manually enter your credit card information as well as an email address for confirmation.
Instructions and Terms
- A subscribing institution’s contact person is the authorized representative for activating the Online Edition login username/account as well as coordinating communication about advertising and email marketing services.
- A Doctoral Directory Online Edition subscription is for a 12 month period.
- Online access to the Doctoral Directory is not allowed until after payment is received.
- For the print directory, shipping is by ground delivery unless a faster shipping method is requested (charges will be added).
- The final print edition shipped may differ from that depicted in the online redacted snapshots.
- If interested in using the Directory to conduct social science research about database members, then please contact us to coordinate with other on-going collaborations.
- Please read the Doctoral Directory Terms and Conditions of use.
Screenshots of Doctoral Directory Online edition
Default table view
View of a single record
last updated 21-Oct-2016