Welcome to MinorityPostdoc.org
This is the premier web portal on the minority postdoctoral experience. We feature news, articles, resources, and events about career advice, professional development, jobs, funding, fellowships, mentoring, and diversity issues…(Read more).
A selection of our original published articles are below. See the entire archive here. Submit article ideas by contacting us at .
Please vote: Diversity at Open Source Software Conference
We’ve submitted a session proposal for the Open Source Bridge (#osb15) conference. Please vote (click star) for the topic Catalyzing Diversity: Practical Advice for Navigating Minority STEM Communities to Open Up Open Source. This is part of our new diversity initiative in the tech/coding sector. The OSBridge session would review our panel at the Tapia Diversity in Computing meeting. The OSBridge conference will occur June 23-26 in Portland, OR just before AlterConf — a series of discussions on diversity in the tech & gaming industries.
Professional/Faculty Positions & Opportunities
MinorityPostdoc.org is a niche marketing site with a diverse readership. The Job listings page has a complete roster of institutions who are reaching out to expand the diversity of their candidate applicant pools. Below is a subset of our advertisers; and, we post the latest openings in the announcements section above at the top of every website page. Advertisers can request ad rate info by contacting us at
- Colby College
- Duke University
- Indiana University Bloomington: School of Education
- Ohio State University: College of Arts and Sciences
- Stanford University
- Teachers College, Columbia University
- University of California, San Francisco: Academic Positions
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Colgate University: Faculty Positions in:
- Wellesley College: Positions in:
- Harvard University: Preceptor Position in Physics
- University of Maine: Faculty Positions in:
- Maryville University:
- Cornell University: TWO Faculty Positions in Applied and Computational Math
- University of Massachusetts Amherst: Lecturer in Community Health Studies
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences: Multiple Independent Research Positions in Epidemiology
- California State University, Dominguez Hills: Faculty Positions in:
- University of Southern California: Faculty Positions in Engineering:
- University of Maryland, College Park: FIVE Faculty Positions in African American Studies
Grad/Postdoc Positions & Opportunities
Below are recent listings of opportunities for graduate students and postdocs. The Job listings page has a complete roster of institutions who are reaching out to expand the diversity of their candidate applicant pools. Below is a subset of our advertisers; and, we post the latest openings in the announcements section above at the top of every website page. Advertisers can request ad rate info by contacting us at .
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital: Postdoctoral Research Opportunities
- Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholar Awards
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Cornell High-Energy Synchrotron Source: BioSAXS Postdoctoral Associate
- University of Michigan: NextProf Science Future Faculty Workshop
- Infectious Disease Evolution Across Scales: Research Exchanges and Workshops
- Massachusetts Maritime Academy: Postdoctoral Diversity Teaching Fellowship
- Harvard Medical School: Dean’s Postdoctoral Fellowship
- New England Science Symposium
Introducing the DiverseScholar Doctoral Directory
Our new Doctoral Directory is available to help institutions diversify their job candidate pools. Read summary demographic information about the Directory. Learn about our Institutional Subscription packages for access to the online and print versions of the Doctoral Directory.
MinorityPostdoc.org Contact List has 1,200 Emails!
Our Monthly Newsletter Contact List has over 1,200 emails! To put that number in perspective, NSF estimates that there are only 2,400 underrepresented minority postdocs in the USA. The word clouds below show the institutions and names present in our email contact list. We keep this list current by removing inactive accounts after each monthly mailing. Read summary demographic information about the Doctoral Directory that is derived from email contact list members who join the CV database. Advertisers, your opportunities are delivered to these diverse readers so request ad rate info by contacting us at
last updated 28-Mar-2015