The School of Education (SOE) in the College of Science and Mathematics at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo is seeking applicants for a full-time, academic year, tenure track position in Elementary Science Education beginning September 12, 2019. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Cal Poly's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. Cal Poly is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer
- Earned doctorate in Science Education, or related field
- Evidence of or potential for an active research agenda
- Evidence of excellence in teaching or potential excellence in teaching:
- beginning and advanced science methods courses to pre-service and in-service teachers working in grades K-8
- general education courses in a pre-service elementary teacher education program
- Teaching experience at the K-8 level with diverse populations of students
- Hold a pertinent teaching credential
- Experience supervising teacher candidates
- Experience working with emergent bilingual students in elementary schools
- Ability to integrate technology into instruction
- Experience developing and participating in collaborative endeavors with local K-12 schools
- Bilingual proficiency
Log on to www.calpolyjobs.org for application details and to complete an online faculty application; submit you application to Requisition #104961. Review of applications will begin October 1st, 2018. Applications received after this date may be considered.
At California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. Bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and value systems fosters the innovative and creative thinking that exemplifies Cal Poly's values of free inquiry, cultural and intellectual diversity, mutual respect, civic engagement, and social and environmental responsibility. Cal Poly's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retenGon. California Polytechnic State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.