Office of Information Technology Admin
The Office of Information Technology is seeking a knowledgeable ServiceNow Administrator to help launch Auburn University as a ServiceNow leader in higher education. As a part of the ServiceNow team, this position is responsible for leveraging IT Service Management (ITSM), IT Operations Management, and IT best practices to help optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of University-related service fulfillment, resource management, and end-user engagement.
Essential functions include:
- Work closely with team members and other stakeholders to design, configure, test, document, and deploy changes to the platform and expansion of the Service Portal;
- Provide leadership in the efforts of configuration, change, workflows, and process management;
- Coordinate development efforts with the Project Management Office;
- Account for, manage, and protect the integrity of Configuration Items through the service lifecycle by working with change management to ensure that only authorized components are used and only authorized changes are made;
- Support efficient and effective service management processes by providing accurate configuration information to enable administration to make information-based decisions.
The professional in this position provides technical and service-related support of ServiceNow and plans, conducts, and/or supervises assignments of a complex nature that impact individual users and departments. The person in this position must possess and apply comprehensive IT knowledge, concepts, practices, procedures, and decision-making skills, as well as have the ability to troubleshoot and create documentation for complex assignments and projects. In addition to having high level technical skills and leadership ability, the person in this position should be self-motivated, communicative, a life-long learner, and willing to work on a limited on-call rotation with other team members.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related degree from an accredited institution
- Experience in CMDB audit
- Experience with ServiceNow applications/modules, including but not limited to Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Catalog Item creation with workflows, platform configuration and administration, Project and Portfolio Management, Asset Management, CMDB, 3rd party software integrations, and Service Portal
- Experience as a ServiceNow developer is extremely desirable
- ITIL v3 Certification
- ServiceNow System Administrator Certification
- Ability to lead complex projects
- Experience developing mobile web interfaces using Bootstrap
- Experience integrating web applications with REST-based web services
- An understanding of web accessibility
- Familiarity with university organization, methods and procedures
Apply on-line at: www.auemployment.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=192852
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.