In the spirit of our commitment to academic excellence, diversity, equity and inclusion, and the liberal arts tradition, the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of San Diego (USD) will be hiring ten to twenty faculty in three thematic clusters.
- Climate Change & Environmental Justice
- Technology & the Human Experience
- Borders & Social Justice
Each of these clusters will invite and include teacher-scholars who help us build on USD’s commitment to support faculty who are underrepresented in their discipline and in the academy. We endeavor to assemble a cohort of teacher-scholars who will offer a strong contribution to the diversity and excellence of USD through teaching, scholarship, service and collaboration. As a member of a cluster, faculty will be reviewed through the rank and tenure process within their academic department and will be encouraged to participate in interdisciplinary collaborations facilitated by the cluster thematic programming.
The following departments have openings:
Application Process: Candidates are asked to submit the following materials. Please note that positions will be hired at the Assistant Professor level. Specific deadlines are outlined in the department ads.
- Letter of application, include reference to the cluster(s) of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Teaching Statement and a sample syllabus
- Research Statement and a sample of scholarly or creative work
- Diversity statement, in which you address A) your values with respect to diversity, equity, and inclusion; B) your experience working with minoritized populations and/or on issues that disproportionately affect diverse populations, and C) your plans related to diversity and inclusion in your teaching and research.
- Contact information for three references who will be sent a link to upload letters.
The successful candidates will
- Hold an advanced degree, preferably a doctorate or other terminal degree. ABD candidates will be considered on a case by case basis
- Have demonstrated a commitment to teaching and research, mentoring undergraduates, and fostering a climate of inclusion and diversity.
To apply: jobs.sandiego.edu
The College of Arts and Sciences and University of San Diego
The College of Arts and Sciences is at the heart of the University of San Diego. Our philosophy is built on the enduring values of the Catholic intellectual tradition, immersing students in the concepts of free inquiry, diversity and inclusion, ethical conduct and compassionate service. The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949.
The University of San Diego is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, covered veteran status, genetic information, or other characteristic protected by federal or state law. USD offers same sex domestic partner benefits. Final candidates will complete a background check.