This postdoctoral position in the laboratory of Professors Patrick A Limbach and Bala Addepalli will be responsible for leading research activities focused on the identification and characterization of modified nucleosides in ribonucleic acid (RNA). The individual will work collaboratively on a project that involves technique developments using mass spectrometry to elucidate the global tRNA modification profile in mammalian cells are also expected in the project. The individual will also work collaboratively with researchers outside of the laboratory on projects that seek to understand the biological role of RNA modifications.
- Conduct research experiments in a particular field within the pre-determined research scope and methodology.
- Gather and analyze data and develop new ideas that promote current research.
- Prepare data summaries, reports, manuscripts and presentations of research results.
- Participate/assist in manuscript writing for publication in scientific journals and/or presentation; may assist in grant writing.
- Keep informed of developments in field to maintain and enhance professional expertise.
- Lab maintenance, including equipment maintenance and ordering of supplies, as needed.
- May teach techniques to others, train, and mentor junior research staff.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities.
- Play an active role in seeking career and research advice, both from the faculty supervisor and from other faculty members as well.
Candidates must have a Ph.D. in the Biological or Physical Sciences.
- A strong record of research accomplishments and publications,
- Ability to work in a team environment,
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English,
- Presentations of scientific results at national meetings and their publication in peer-reviewed journals are required.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application, you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran./
Submit your application > jobs.uc.edu/job/Cincinnati-Post-Doc-Fellow,-Chemistry-OH-45201/876714600/