New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Aligned with Rutgers University–New Brunswick and collaborating university wide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and five centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research.
Our faculty are teachers, clinicians, and scientists with unparalleled experience who advance medical innovation and provide patient care informed by the latest research findings. We offer an outstanding education in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, public health, nursing, biomedical research, and the full spectrum of allied health careers.
Our clinical and academic facilities are located throughout the state -- at Rutgers University -- New Brunswick, including Piscataway; and at locations in Newark, Scotch Plains, Somerset, Stratford, and other locations. Clinical partners include Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, Newark’s University Hospital in Newark, and other affiliates.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking Postdoctoral Fellow, for the Panettieri Laboratory within the Rutgers Institute for Translational Medicine and Science (RITMS). The Panettieri lab examines signal transduction mechanisms modulating airway tone in the context of asthma, COPD, and fibrotic lung diseases. The successful candidate will focus on understanding how exposure to environmental factors and respiratory pathogens contribute to changes in airway function, will have an excellent work ethic, be both productive and motivated, and perform detailed duties and responsibilities as described below.
- A Ph.D. degree in cell and molecular biology, pharmacology, or closely related field (0-2 years of relevant research experience)
- Research experience in dissecting/understanding cellular signal transduction utilizing primary human cell types
- Clear evidence of scientific productivity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Experience in understanding big data analysis (RNAseq, mass spec/phosphoproteomic analysis, etc.) and pathway analysis are a preferred, but not required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collecting and analyzing data, as well as, maintenance of a database of the research data produced
- Planning and executing research projects and tasks as assigned
- Preparation of high-quality manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals, as well as, data for research conference presentations
- Learning lab-specific techniques and overseeing others in performing them
- Provide supervision and guidance to junior staff, undergraduates, and graduate students
- Securing extramural funding during the postdoctoral training
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
To be considered for this position please submit your CV and cover letter to Pamela Dahlen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is university policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment regardless of their race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. As an institution, we value diversity of background and opinion, and prohibit discrimination or harassment on the basis of any legally protected class in the areas of hiring, recruitment, promotion, transfer, demotion, training, compensation, pay, fringe benefits, layoff, termination or any other terms and conditions of employment.