Quinnipiac University's College of Arts & Sciences invites applications for a full-time tenure-track environmental science position at the rank of assistant or associate professor to begin in August 2022. The position will be part of Quinnipiac University’s new interdisciplinary Environmental Studies program, with majors in Environmental Science and Sustainability & Environmental Policy. This is a 9.5 month position. The primary appointment will be in either the Department of Chemistry & Physical Sciences or the Department of Biological Sciences, depending on the area of expertise.
- Develop and maintain an active research program involving undergraduates,
- Apply for outside research funding
- Publish in appropriate peer-reviewed journals
- Teaching responsibilities for this position will initially be in the foundational environmental science lecture and lab courses
- Advise students in the program
- May be an opportunity to teach more advanced courses within the area of expertise of the candidate
- May be an opportunity to contribute to the leadership and implementation of the program and to work with Admissions to market and recruit outstanding students
A PhD in environmental science, chemistry, biology, or related field is required at the time of appointment
- Applicants who can relate work in the sciences to issues related to environmental justice are encouraged
- A strong foundation in both the biological and chemical sciences as they relate to environmental issues
- Preference will be given to candidates with relevant college teaching experience in environmental science and/or sustainability, as well as chemistry and/or biology, to a broad audience.
- Applicants with expertise and research interests that complement and allow for collaboration with current environmentally focused faculty members are desired
- Committed to excellence in teaching
- Commitment to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.