Principle Duties: The Krannert School of Management (www.krannert.purdue.edu) at Purdue University invites applications for one tenure-track position at the Assistant or tenured Associate Professor of Management rank, in the Organizational Behavior and Human Resources (OBHR) area, to begin August 2022. The successful candidate will develop and/or lead academic research projects with the aim of publishing in the field’s highest quality journals. A tenured appointment will be subject to the university’s promotion and tenure process.
We encourage applications from scholars at all levels of analysis, including macro, meso, and micro perspectives. The successful candidate will disseminate relevant knowledge through student instruction in Organizational Behavior (OB), Human Resource Management (HR), and/or research methods (RM) fields. The candidate may be asked to teach online or residential undergraduate and/or graduate level courses, and may have opportunities to teach a particular course across undergraduate and graduate levels. Finally, the candidate is expected to contribute to graduate student mentorship and to be actively engaged in other area service initiatives.
- A Ph.D. in OB, HR, Industrial-Organizational Psychology or related field.
- Ability to work in a collegial atmosphere as part of a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong evidence of recent research productivity and teaching excellence in OB, HR, or related fields, including evidence of conference presentations, high quality peer-reviewed research publications, exemplary teaching ratings, and awards.
Application Procedure: Please apply online at careers.purdue.edu/job/West-Lafayette-Professor-Assistant-IN-47906/784258300/
We will begin reviewing applications immediately and will continue until March 31, 2022 or until we fill the position, whichever occurs earlier.
Applications must include:
- A letter of application addressing why you are interested in the Krannert School of Management.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Statement of research interests and direction.
- Statement of teaching interests and philosophy (please list courses you have taught or would prefer to teach).
- Evidence of research activity (1-2 writing samples or reference to research available online).
- Evidence of teaching performance (include teaching evaluations if available).
- Three letters of references. Please use this link to input names and email addresses of letter writers webapps.krannert.purdue.edu/Kars/Apply/t87lfLv8Qn
- Candidates should submit a diversity and inclusion statement. Purdue University's Krannert School of Management is committed to advancing diversity in all areas of faculty effort, including scholarship, instruction, and engagement. Candidates should address at least one of these areas in a separate Diversity and Inclusion Statement, indicating their past experiences, current interests or activities, and/or future goals to promote a climate that values diversity and inclusion.
A background check is also required for employment in this position.
The Krannert School’s Management Department recently placed 26th nationally over the past five years for research productivity, in the Texas A&M/University of Georgia rankings. For more information on the OBHR area, our programs, and our distinguished faculty, please visit: www.krannert.purdue.edu/academics/OBHR/home.asp. For a complete list of benefits, please visit: www.purdue.edu/hr/Benefits/.
Please address questions to Professor Brian Dineen (firstname.lastname@example.org), who is chairing the search.
Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.