The NSF INCLUDES Aspire Alliance, titled Aspire: The National Alliance for Inclusive & Diverse STEM Faculty, a $10m five year project, is now entering its 3rd year of a 5 year award, see website here. The Aspire Alliance seeks to develop inclusive and diverse STEM faculty across the nation by aligning and reinforcing professional development, hiring, and retention practices of STEM faculty simultaneously at institutional, regional, and national levels. As a member of the alliance, Northwestern’s effort focuses on the organizational, developmental, and shared knowledge and leadership success of the project through a backbone group.
We are seeking a postdoctoral fellow to engage in (1) collective impact training and research, where collective impact is the shared leadership and network model the program is employing; (2) social equity and justice training and research; and (3) supporting other organizational and developmental aspects. Aspire is collecting large quantities of data on institutions, departments, and individual faculty and future faculty, and there are many opportunities for research on aligning and reinforcing professional development, hiring, and retention practices of STEM faculty simultaneously at institutional, regional, and national level. The position is currently funded for one year, renewable for up to two years contingent on funding, and is available immediately.
Submit your cover letter and CV to Northwestern HR Careers, job #39845
- Research-based social science experience and expertise in manipulating and analyzing data sets with quantitative and qualitative data. Experience in mixed and multi-method social science research.
- Experience in coding and analyzing with social science tool sets. Experience with R or Python or equivalent a plus; application as e.g., Social Network Analysis.
- Strong data visualization and communication skills
- Experience in professional development training and facilitation; diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) training and facilitation is a plus
- Social science, learning sciences, education, STEM education, or equivalent PhD.
- Lead, co-create, and implement training in collective impact and social equity for a national network.
- Support organizational development, team connections and collaborations, knowledge curation and management and other backbone functions for the Aspire Alliance;
- Perform basic and advanced statistical analysis on qualitative and quantitative data, particularly on faculty, future faculty and administrator perceptions and behaviors in response to interventions at various scales; create meaning from analysis of data using research frameworks; create text, figures, and graphs to demonstrate key findings
- Lead and contribute to the preparation of manuscripts
Contact: Bennett Goldberg, email@example.com; Director of Research in Higher Education, Training, and Evaluation at Northwestern University. Position is remote until pandemic is over; generally in-person afterward, with remote as a potential option.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.