The Children’s Partial Hospitalization Program (CPHP) at NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue provides outpatient treatment for patients 6 to 17 years old and reduces the need for inpatient hospital care. CPHP is an intensive, therapeutic program that provides treatment services including individual, group, family, and milieu interventions, as well as medication management if indicated. The treatment is provided in a medically supervised environment for patients who are at risk for psychiatric hospitalization, are in transition from an inpatient hospital stay to routine outpatient care, or are experiencing significant functional impairment at home, in school, or in the community. Patients are seen daily for up to eight weeks and are able to attend a full time school co-located at NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue. Clinicians work closely with the families and other mental health and social service providers who are involved with each child.
The Clinical Director’s responsibilities include:
- Provide psychological assessment and treatment to all assigned cases including clinical evaluations, treatment planning and disposition planning
- Liaison with patient families and other clinical specialties and institutions, as required for assigned patients
- Provide clinical supervision to members of multi-disciplinary treatment team on individual cases including disposition, group therapies, and milieu management
- Participate in multi-disciplinary treatment teams, development of behavioral interventions; collaborate with other direct care staff
- Oversee group programming including identifying areas of clinical need, supporting curriculum development, and scheduling
- Participate in departmental quality improvement projects, initiation and maintenance of evidence-based treatment protocols, and therapeutic milieu management
- Contribute to the teaching and training programs of the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Department and psychology training programs, including supervision of psychology and psychiatry trainees, and other clinical, academic and administrative duties as assigned
- Adherence to all Federal, State and City regulations
This position is eligible for academic appointment within the NYU Grossman School of Medicine’s Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- PhD or PsyD required
- Training in working with children/adolescents
- Approximately 5 years’ experience
- Licensed in NY State
The search committee is especially interested in candidates who, through their research, teaching, and/or service will contribute to NYULH’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. The committee encourages applications from diverse candidates, including from women and individuals from backgrounds historically underrepresented in psychology.
Interested individuals can apply online through the NYU Langone Health Interfolio website link at apply.interfolio.com/94101 by providing a curriculum vitae and cover letter.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.