We are seeking a full-time clinical psychologist to join our ADHD and Disruptive Behavior Disorders Service at our One Park Ave location. The Child Study Center is part of NYU Langone’s Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, which is one of only two independent child and adolescent psychiatry departments within an academic medical center in the nation. The ideal candidate is committed to clinical and academic excellence who is passionate about outpatient practice, self-motivated, and collaborative.
The ADHD and Disruptive Behavior Disorders Service includes specialty programs in Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT), Organization Skills Therapy (OST), parent management training, and behavioral school consultation. This role requires proficiency in parent-management training, behavioral assessment and therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and diagnostic evaluation of psychiatric disorders in children and adolescents. A strong preference will be given to applicants who are certified PCIT therapists or certified PCIT Within Agency Trainers by PCIT International, as well as candidates with experience and interest in early childhood.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Evaluating of new patients with in-person and written feedback in a timely manner
- Providing evidence–based psychotherapeutic treatments to children, adolescents and their families in individual, parent training, family, and group modalities
- Providing consultation to schools and other community institutions
- Contributing and/or leading collaborations focused on improving care for children with ADHD and disruptive behavior disorders
- Supervising and teaching of trainees across disciplines
- Providing outreach to the professional and lay community (e.g., workshops and webinars)
- Participating in continuing education such as weekly Case Conference and Grand Rounds
- Completing additional responsibilities, as required
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Psychology from an APA or CPA accredited institution
- Completion of APA or CPA accredited pre-doctoral internship
- Licensed or license eligible in the State of New York
The search committee is especially interested in candidates who, through their research, teaching, and/or service will contribute to NYULH’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. The committee encourages applications from diverse candidates, including individuals from backgrounds historically underrepresented in psychology. It is our duty to have a team of mental health clinicians that reflect the wide diversity of the patients we serve. We are vigilant and diligently committed to providing an environment that is welcoming and equitable for students, trainees, faculty, and all of our community, to both best serve our patients and perpetuate a vibrant culture of excellence in training with inclusivity and diversity. For more information, please visit our Office of Diversity and Inclusion site here.
Interested individuals can apply online through the NYU Langone Health Interfolio website link at apply.interfolio.com/95745 by providing a curriculum vitae and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.