We are seeking a pediatric psychologist to work with medically complex children and adolescents as part of collaborative team in a pediatric ambulatory subspecialty setting. Clinical time will be spent within New York University (NYU) Fink Ambulatory Care Center with specific focus in our newly formed Healthy Weight and Pediatric Bariatric Surgery programs.
Additionally, the psychologist will supervise doctoral-level psychology students and provide programmatic and clinical consultation across a multitude of medical divisions including adolescent medicine, allergy, pulmonology, gastroenterology, and nephrology.
Population needs and desired areas of interest and expertise include the following:
- Integrated behavioral health: clinical experience & programmatic interest
- Trauma and stress-related disorders
- Pediatric obesity
- Mood, anxiety and disruptive disorders in children and adolescents
- Parent training and family-based support
- Transgender mental health
The position carries an academic appointment within the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, which is one of only two independent child and adolescent psychiatry departments within an academic medical center in the nation
The Psychologist will:
- Provide pediatric evaluations, interventions, and therapy to patients and families as part of medical treatment
- Assess and provide interventions for patients with complex medical conditions, adjustment to diagnosis, anxiety and depression, pain, behavioral non-compliance, and other mental health needs
- Assess behavioral concerns, develop behavior management plans, provide parent training
- Provide emotional support and empowerment to patients and families
- Facilitate referrals for appropriate services in the patient’s community
- Work in close partnership with social work and child life specialist colleagues to meet needs of the patients and families
- Participate and contribute to team meetings and work collaboratively with interdisciplinary team
- Provide psychological consultation and education regarding patients and integrated behavioral health concepts to physicians, medical staff
- Contribute to program development, quality improvement, and clinical research consultation efforts
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Psychology from an APA or CPA accredited institution
- Completion of APA or CPA accredited pre-doctoral internship
- Minimum of one year postdoctoral fellowship experience in a hospital or related medical setting preferred
- Licensed or license eligible in the State of New York
- Prior clinical experience in pediatric psychology settings
- Prior experience in quality improvement and program development
- Strong interest in clinical supervision and development of doctoral psychology training experiences
Please apply online at apply.interfolio.com/87444
The search committee is especially interested in candidates who, through their research, teaching, and/or service will contribute to NYU Langone Health’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. The committee encourages applications from diverse candidates, including from women and individuals from backgrounds historically underrepresented in psychology.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment.