Submit your application: lsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/LSU/job/0202-Life-Sciences-Building/Assistant-Professor_R00061784
The Department of Biological Sciences at Louisiana State University (LSU) invites applications for a tenure-track position in Ecology at the level of Assistant Professor. We seek a broadly trained ecologist who addresses questions in any of a variety of sub-disciplines of ecology including but not limited to animal behavior, population demography and regulation, community structure and interactions, or the maintenance and function of biodiversity. The successful candidate will be expected to develop a strong, competitively funded research program. Favorable candidates will also complement our department’s existing strengths, teach an undergraduate course in ecology, and a graduate course in their area of expertise.
Our department is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty, and we strongly encourage applications from women, members of minoritized groups, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and other members of groups underrepresented in science. We seek candidates whose research, teaching, or service has prepared them to contribute to diversity and inclusion in higher education.
The position will be available in August 2022.
- 50% Develop and maintain an independent and extramurally funded research program ranging across all levels of biological organization with an emphasis on ecology.
- 50% Teach undergraduate and/or graduate level courses in a biological sciences discipline with an emphasis on ecology, and direct/supervise graduate students. Participate in service activities pertaining to the mission of the Department, and the advancement of the profession.
- PhD in Biological Sciences or related field
- Successful track record of productive research and publication along with postdoctoral experience.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statements of research and teaching interests
- Three representative publications
- Three references who can provide letters of recommendation at a future date
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion statement describing how you will promote an inclusive learning environment and how your scholarship and mentoring practices support a diverse academic community.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
A copy of your transcript(s) may be attached to your application (if available). However, original transcripts are required prior to hire.
Application deadline is December 6, 2021, or until a candidate is selected.
LSU believes diversity, equity, and inclusion enrich the educational experience of our students, faculty, and staff, and are necessary to prepare all people to thrive personally and professionally in a global society. We celebrate diversity and are committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion. We actively seek and encourage qualified applications from persons with diverse backgrounds, cultures and experiences. To learn more about how LSU is committed to diversity and inclusivity, please see LSU’s Diversity Statement and Roadmap. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact the Office of Human Resource Management (firstname.lastname@example.org).