Posting Number: F00644
Salary: $59.70-$84.36 per hour
Description of Position:
The Los Medanos College Biology Department seeks an enthusiastic teacher to become part of our adjunct instructional faculty. Currently, we are looking to staff a section of Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology (Bio Sc 30), which is a 4 unit course and includes 3 hours per week of lab. We are also looking to staff a section of Human Physiology (Bio Sc 45), which is a 5 unit course and includes 6 hours per week of lab.
1. Inform students of course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.
2. Maintain necessary attendance, and scholastic records and submit them according to published deadlines.
3. Provide classroom instruction in accordance with approved course outlines.
4. Prepare and grade class assignments and examinations and inform students of their academic progress.
5. Collaborate with course lead(s), the department chair(s), and technical personnel to assure that college mandates are met, and that all sections of a given course maintain coordination with each other.
6. Teach courses offered in both daytime and evening at our main campus in Pittsburg, as well as at the Brentwood Center.
Position Status: Temporary
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
• Master’s degree in any biological science OR
• Bachelor’s degree in any biological science AND master’s degree in biochemistry, biophysics, or marine science OR
• The equivalent
A combination of education, clinical experience, and/or teaching experience that would enable the candidate to effectively teach an introductory-level course in human anatomy and physiology or physiology with concurrent lab.
• Excellent teaching ability
• Community college teaching experience
• Demonstrated ability to work productively and collaboratively in an extraordinarily diverse community of coworkers and/or students
• An attitude that will put students and colleagues at ease, characterized by intellectual humility, kindness, acceptance of others’ faults and points of view, patience, and a generosity of spirit.
Job Open Date: 10/31/2019
Job Close Date: 12/31/2019
Open Until Filled: No
# of Months: 4
To apply, visit: www.4cdcareers.net/postings/6550
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.