Healthcare is changing.
At Illinois State University’s Mennonite College of Nursing (MCN), we believe that nurses need to lead that change. Our Vision is to be a community that sets the standard for excellence in nursing education and practice, improving health locally and globally, and changing the world one exceptionally well-prepared nurse at a time. We are open, inclusive, and purposeful. And we invite you to join us.
MCN is seeking a 9-month full-time, tenure track position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, depending upon experience and qualifications. Research foci and skills of particular interest include clinical outcomes, use of big data science, diversity and improving the environments in which care is delivered.
Candidates must possess the following:
- PhD in nursing or related field (Master’s in Nursing required if doctorate not in nursing)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong evidence of research and scholarly productivity, including a track record of or potential for obtaining external research funding.
- Passion for student centered teaching and learning, especially with diverse populations and/or diversifying the curriculum.
- Licensed (prior to start date) Registered Nurse in Illinois
- A successful criminal background screening and negative drug screening (conducted at final candidacy
Illinois State University is an EOE/AA employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran