About Gladstone Institutes
Are you an innovative, enterprising scientist with an interest in interdisciplinary research and ready for a postdoctoral training in one of the premier institutions for biomedical research? Here at Gladstone we bring together MDs and PhDs, tissue engineers, stem cell biologists, neurologists, virologists, genome engineers, and physiologists. Gladstone is home to five major institutes dedicated to different areas of study, each representing different yet interconnected areas of focus:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Data Science and Biotechnology
- Genomic Immunology
- Neurological Disease
Investigators have the freedom to follow their research wherever it leads, and work closely with their colleagues in all institutes to deeply probe important questions in biomedicine. Above all, they champion highly interactive, creative, and innovative approaches to science as they seek prevention, treatments, and cures for major diseases.
Gladstone scientists also train the next generation of clinicians and researchers. Gladstone enthusiastically embraces this mission and has created a holistic training environment for postdoctoral scholars to gain the skills and experiences they will need for an independent career. Our program includes rigorous scientific training, personalized attention and mentoring, as well as development of professional competencies including leadership, scientific writing, networking, and conflict resolution. Learn more about Gladstone’s training programs.
Check out A Day in the Lab at Gladstone.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Gladstone, we know it takes a diverse group of empowered individuals to use science to effectively overcome disease. We pride ourselves on learning from each member of our community and cultivating a culture where every individual is respected and can succeed. We stand together as we progress along our journey to continuously improve and address imbalances that stand in the way of anyone’s opportunity to grow, contribute, and advance. Learn more about Gladstone’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategy.
As part of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, we launched Embark, Gladstone’s Presidential Postdoctoral Program, in 2021. Embark aims to increase the representation of underrepresented minoritized groups within the sciences and at Gladstone. We believe that when we bring together people with diverse approaches and ideas to tackle scientific challenges in creative ways, we create tremendous opportunities for discovering new treatments and cures for disease.
Gladstone Perks and Benefits
Based in San Francisco’s Mission Bay neighborhood, Gladstone Institutes is an independent state-of-the-art biomedical research institution that empowers its world-class scientists to find new pathways to cures.
- People: work with talented, committed, and supportive teammates within an organization that values each member of its community.
- A meaningful place to grow and learn: whether it’s your professional skills or scientific knowledge, we have the resources and environment to advance either so you can better support Gladstone’s mission: to drive a new era of discovery in disease-oriented science and to mentor tomorrow’s leaders in an inspiring and diverse environment.
- Healthy work/life balance: you are highly engaged and productive at work because you can have time to recharge and enjoy a vibrant life outside of work.
- Compensation: competitive salary and vacation.
- Excellent benefits: generous medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, and commuter benefits; access to free shuttle transportation
If you are interested in doing postdoctoral training at Gladstone email the PI’s with a short description of your past research experiences, lab of preference and a resume/CV.
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply here: gladstone.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com