The Department of Biology of Georgetown University invites applications for a full-time non-tenure position to begin in August 2021 for an initial appointment of three years. This is an instructional position with full-time responsibilities primarily over the academic year (August to May), with possibility for additional summer teaching or participation in educational research activities for additional compensation.
We seek an enthusiastic science educator to actively collaborate with current faculty in the development and administration of our core curriculum for undergraduate students. We are committed to expanding access to a quality education in biology for a more diverse and inclusive population of students.
Teaching responsibilities will include our introductory biology sequence and courses for majors and non-majors in the candidate’s area of expertise. Applicants should have the ability to provide individual and group instruction with an awareness of diverse learning styles and should be able to teach effectively in lecture, laboratory, and seminar contexts.
Applicants should have a Ph.D. in a relevant area of biology and demonstrated experience and enthusiasm for science education. Preference will be given to applicants with expertise in ecology, evolution, conservation biology, and/or environmental science.
In addition, applicants should
- possess excellent writing and speaking skills
- be well-organized and able to carry out position duties independently
- be able to train and manage undergraduate and graduate TA's
- have a commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in undergraduate biology education
Click Apply now to submit:
- a brief cover letter summarizing your qualifications
- a curriculum vitae
- a teaching portfolio of no more than 10 pages to include::
- a teaching philosophy
- a diversity statement that explains how diversity figures into your past and present teaching, research, community engagement, and your lived experience and how you plan to incorporate attention to diversity in your teaching and mentorship of students
- may also include exemplar activities or assessments and/or teaching evaluations
- names and contact information of three references
Applicants can contact Dr. Anne Rosenwald (email@example.com) with questions.
Review of applications will begin April 15, 2021.
For more information and to apply, visit apply.interfolio.com/85238
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Offce of Institutional Diversity, Equity & Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at (202) 687-4798.