Open Date: October 16, 2020
Close Date: November 30, 2020
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory (known as Fermilab) seeks highly qualified candidates for Postdoctoral Research Associate positions in the Neutrino Division to conduct their primary research in a range of topics involving the long-baseline neutrino experiments DUNE and NOvA, SBN, LAr TPC R&D with test-stand and test-beam experiments, and the fixed-target hadron production experiment EMPHATIC.
Fermilab has a strong and exciting research program with major commitments to a diverse range of current and future neutrino experiments including DUNE, NOvA, MicroBooNE, SBN, EMPHATIC, and ANNIE. Additional information on the Fermilab neutrino program can be found here: neutrinophysics.fnal.gov.
Every effort will be made to design the research program and maintain support for a Fermilab Research Associate so that she/he has the opportunity to produce physics results.
The position is for a period of up to three (3) years, with the potential for extension considered on a yearly basis thereafter.
Qualifications and Essential Job Functions
- Ph.D. in particle physics, nuclear physics, or relevant subject by the time of the appointment
- Strong record of recent accomplishments in experimental physics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative and independent problem-solving skills
- Willingness to work collaboratively on a diverse team
- Respect, understand, and value individual differences that embody the principles of diversity.
- Abide by all environment, safety, and health regulations.
Interested candidates should submit via Academic Jobs Online:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Statement
- Publication List
- Three Reference Letters (to be submitted by the reference writers at the AJO site).
Apple here: academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/17202
For general information about this position, please contact Jonathan Paley at firstname.lastname@example.org with “ND Research Associate Application” in the subject heading.
Physical Activity and Work Conditions
HUMAN FACTORS: Mental Concentration, Sitting, Tight Work Schedule, and Visually Demanding. In addition, the ability to travel by automobile and/or commercial air carrier both domestically and internationally may be required.
Fermilab is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Underrepresented groups/Women/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.