Fermilab seeks outstanding applicants for a Postdoctoral Research Associate position working on the ADMX search for axion dark matter particles and R&D towards future axion detection experiments. This position is aimed at exceptional recent PhD recipients with a proven research record from prior experience in experimental particle physics or astrophysics. Applicants with backgrounds in cryogenic detector development or quantum information science may also be considered. Fermilab is the lead lab for the ADMX-G2 experiment. In addition, Fermilab is actively involved in R&D on several new methods to detect axions taking advantage of new quantum sensor technologies. This position provides the opportunity to participate in the development of new projects targeting dark matter, and related detector R&D capitalizing on the broad range of scientific, computing, engineering, and technical expertise available at the laboratory.
The position is for a period of up to three (3) years, with the potential for extension considered on a yearly basis thereafter. The position comes with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
- Design, build, and test axion detectors.
- Publish scientific papers based on the analysis of ADMX data.
- Present work at scientific conferences, workshops, and reviews.
We are Looking For
- Ph.D. in Physics, Astrophysics, or relevant subject.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out independent research.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentations to large international scientific collaborations and conferences.
- Respects, understands, and values individual differences that embody the principles of diversity.
- Abides by all environment, safety, and health regulations.
Apply Here: jobs-us.technomedia.com/fermilab/
Interested candidates should submit via Academic Jobs Online: 1) Cover letter, 2) Curriculum Vitae, 3) Research Statement, 4) Publication List and 5) Three Reference Letters (to be submitted by the reference writers at the AJO site).
Apply here: academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/16219
For general information about this position, please contact Dr. Andrew Sonnenschein at email@example.com.
Physical Activity and Work Conditions:
Human Factors: Mental Concentration, Sitting, Standing, and Tight Work Schedule. In addition, the ability to travel by automobile and/or commercial air carrier both domestically and internationally may be required.
Diverse people. Diverse jobs. Great science.
Fermilab is America's particle physics and accelerator laboratory.
Fermilab is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.