Open Date: November 26, 2019
Close Date: December 31, 2019
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory (known as Fermilab) seeks highly qualified candidates for Postdoctoral Research Associate positions in the Neutrino Division to conduct their primary research in the Short Baseline Neutrino program.
Fermilab has a strong and exciting research program with major commitments to a diverse range of current and future neutrino experiments including MicroBooNE, SBND, ICARUS, DUNE, ANNIE and NOvA. Additional information on the Fermilab neutrino program can be found here: neutrinophysics.fnal.gov.
Every effort will be made to design the research program and maintain support for a Fermilab Research Associate so that she/he has the opportunity to produce physics results.
The position is for a period of up to three (3) years, with the potential for extension considered on a yearly basis thereafter.
Qualifications and Essential Job Functions
- Ph.D. in particle physics, nuclear physics, or relevant subject by the time of the appointment
- Strong record of recent accomplishments in experimental physics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative and independent problem-solving skills
- Willingness to work collaboratively on a diverse team
- Respect, understand, and value individual differences that embody the principles of diversity.
- Abide by all environment, safety, and health regulations.
Interested candidates should submit via Academic Jobs Online:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Statement
- Publication List
- Three Reference Letters (to be submitted by the reference writers at the AJO site).
For general information about this position, please contact Jennifer Raaf at firstname.lastname@example.org with “ND Research Associate Application” in the subject heading.
Physical Activity and Work Conditions
HUMAN FACTORS: Mental Concentration, Sitting, Tight Work Schedule, and Visually Demanding. In addition, the ability to travel by automobile and/or commercial air carrier both domestically and internationally may be required.
Diverse people. Diverse jobs. Great science.
Fermilab is America’s particle physics and accelerator laboratory.
Fermilab is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.