Posting Number: F00628
Description of Position:
Diablo Valley College (DVC) in Pleasant Hill, California is seeking a part-time instructor for our Spring 2020 semester to provide college level instruction in either Introductory Chemistry or General Chemistry classes. The position includes lecture and laboratory preparations and teaching, classroom management, and student assessment/evaluation. Successful applicants will demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic backgrounds, and abilities of community college students.
Jean Ruehl email@example.com
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: D4130-Physical Science
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
The applicant must possess one of the following qualifications (earned degrees must be from an accredited college/university):
1. Master’s degree in chemistry OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or biochemistry AND a master’s degree in biochemistry, chemical engineering, chemical physics, physics, molecular biology, or geochemistry OR
3. A valid California Community College Instructor Credential authorizing full-time instruction in chemistry OR
4. The equivalent. (If you believe that you meet the minimum qualifications via equivalency, please fill out the equivalency form.)
Demonstrated commitment to student learning and demonstrated commitment to promoting the success of all students in an open-access learning environment.
Demonstrated sensitivity to and ability to motivate and teach community college students of diverse ethnic backgrounds, cultures, preparation, learning styles, and/or disabilities.
Commitment to professional growth and development, to innovation and improvement of teaching.
Demonstrated knowledge of pedagogical techniques that are not lecture-based.
Job Open Date: 09/30/2019
Job Close Date: 12/31/2019
Open Until Filled: No
# of Months: 5
To apply, visit: www.4cdcareers.net/postings/6432
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.