Posting Number: F00635
Salary: $59,616-$89,724 per year
Description of Position:
Diablo Valley College (DVC) inspires, educates, and empowers a diverse community of students to transform their lives and their communities. DVC instructors use pedagogies that close equity gaps by fostering success among all students. To help further this work, DVC seeks a full-time tenure-track assistant professor of Anatomy to begin August 2020. The successful applicant will be well-qualified to teach Anatomy, including lectures and laboratories and will demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic backgrounds, and abilities of community college students.
Employee Group: Full-Time Faculty
Master’s in any biological science
Bachelor’s in any biological science AND Master’s in Biochemistry, Biophysics, or Marine Science
A valid California Community College Instructor Credential authorizing full-time instruction in any biological science
The equivalent. If you do not possess the EXACT minimum qualifications (i.e. you do not possess the exact degree listed and believe that you meet the minimum qualifications because of equivalent educational or professional background), please fill out the equivalency petition form found at: www.4cd.edu/career/forms/MastersDegreeEquiv.pdf
- Demonstrated commitment to student learning and to the success of all students in the open-access learning environment of a community college;
- Demonstrated ability and/or commitment to reducing equity gaps college-wide as well as in biology courses;
- Master’s degree (MA or MS) or Doctoral degree (PhD) in any biological science;
- Demonstrated excellence in academic preparation and knowledge in human anatomy with cadaver dissection;
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching human anatomy with cadaver dissection laboratory;
- Experience developing effective approaches for teaching in both lecture and laboratory;
- Effective written and oral communication skills;
- An interest and ability to work within the department, division, and college community to achieve the goals outlined in the Educational Master Plan, which focuses on excellence, institutional effectiveness, student learning and achieving equity in educational outcomes across student demographic groups.
Educational Master Plan: www.dvc.edu/about/governance/college-plans/pdfs/educational-master-plan-2018-23.pdf
Job Open Date: 10/14/2019
Job Close Date: 12/9/2019
Open Until Filled: No
# of Months: 10
To apply, visit: www.4cdcareers.net/postings/6536
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.