This full-time faculty position will be filled at the assistant or associate professor level, non-tenure or tenure track dependent on qualifications, with primary curricular and teaching responsibilities within the College of Medicine in the Department of Integrative Medical Sciences. The position requires understanding and oversight of curriculum content, evaluation, and performance outcomes.
The successful candidate will participate in scholarly activities and/or research focus areas as appropriate to their interests and expertise. For faculty members whose main expertise is teaching, scholarly activity should include publication in peer reviewed journals, presentations at national meetings, and solicitatlon of external funding to support teaching and scholarship. If the successful candidate is a basic science researcher it is expected that he/she will seek extramural funding opportunities, write and submit proposals, and conduct collaborative scholarly inquiry. The position requires active participation in NEOMED'S Heart and Blood Vessel Disease Research Focus Area, and or the Diabetes, Obesity, and Metabolism Research Focus Area. Candidates are expected to have a strong background in interdisciplinary research with an emphasis on inflammation and the role of bone marrow derived stem cells in the inflammatory process.
Northeast Ohio Medical University is an AA/EEO Employer. The university has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and to maintaining working and learning environments that are free from all forms of discrimination. Women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Principal Functional Responsibilities
Participate in graduate and medical student education in the area of microbiology and immunology. Contribute to the following:
- Develop and implement curricula using appropriate learning strategies and educational pedagogy
- Delivery of basic science content using innovative and effective techniques to engage medical students and enhance learning
- Collaborate with clinical faculty to ensure course content is grounded in both medical and basic sciences
- Collaborate with the course director to: link session content to established course objectives, identify curricular deficiencies and modify content accordingly, participate in activities that assure courses are horizontally and vertically integrated and aligned with LCME standards, understand and incorporate educational best practices as well as national standards for all teaching and learning activities
- Course/Department specific responsibilities include delivery of content in lectures and/or small groups
2) Scholarly Pursuits & Research:
- Participate in scholarly activities and/or research focus areas as appropriate
- Seek extramural funding opportunities, write and submit proposals, conduct collaborative scholarly inquiry
- Seek opportunities for basic or translational collaborative research within NEOMED and with its university hospital partners as appropriate
- Develop an area of research that aligns with the Heart and Blood Vessel Disease Research Focus Area or the Diabetes, Obesity, and Metabolism Research Focus Area.
- Support and actively participate in the mission of the department, College of Medicine and University. Serve on department, College, and University committees as deemed appropriate. Provides service to the profession.
- Contribute to Departmental service activities including search committees, seminar committees, and organizing focus group meetings
For more information, qualifications, and to apply, please visit: neomed.peopleadmin.com/postings/2401.