University of San Diego: Diversity Postdoctoral Fellowship
Department: College of Arts & Sciences
The College of Arts and Sciences at the University of San Diego announces a Diversity Postdoctoral Fellowship. The College seeks to support two scholars who have a proven record and commitment to empowering students from communities that are underrepresented in academia through research, creative activity, teaching, service and/or mentoring. We are especially interested in advancing the perspectives of African Americans, American Indian/Alaskan Natives, Filipinas/os/x, Chicanas/os/x, Latinas/os/x and/or Pacific Islanders. The postdoctoral scholar will begin in fall 2017 and will be housed in one or more of the following academic programs:
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Environmental and Ocean Sciences
- History (with particular interest in a scholar who specializes in African American History)
- Psychological Sciences
This is a full-time, temporary position with an assignment end date of July 31, 2019.
Candidates must have completed their PhD or other terminal degree no more than three years before the starting date (August 2017). Candidates who have not yet had a tenure-track faculty position will have priority. Awards include a competitive salary, benefits package, and travel funds for conference participation.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits. This is an 11-month position paid over 12 months.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Closing date: For full consideration, materials must be received by February 9, 2017, 5:00 PM PST.
Please complete the following steps:
1. Go to www.sandiego.edu/jobs/, look for job, IRC# 22559 and complete the application form, to register as an applicant through USD. You are not required to complete the qualification section online or upload documents instead,
2. Create a single PDF document that includes the materials listed below and submit it directly to, [email protected]
- cover letter,
- curriculum vitae,
- statement about commitment and experience teaching and mentoring students from communities that have historically been underrepresented,
- statement of teaching philosophy,
- statement of research/creative activity plans and goals with thoughtful integration into the mission and vision of the university,
- sample of scholarly or creative work,
- sample syllabus for lower division course (and upper division course, if available), and
- names of three recommenders who will be providing letters of support
3. Have your recommenders send letters of support directly to [email protected], please have them include your name in the title of the email.
If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected].
Apply now at: www.sandiego.edu/jobs/
Editor’s note: MinorityPostdoc.org publishes postdoctoral & professional job / opportunity advertisements. When participating in these opportunities, please mention that you saw the ad here. Advertisers can request information on rates and terms by contacting us at
last updated 6-Feb-2017